Louisiana Easy 5 Lottery
Latest Draw Predictions Statistics: Sat 16 Dec 2017
- Advanced Prediction
3 / 5of correctly predicted numbers$3.00view prediction
- Best User Prediction
3 / 5of correctly predicted numbers$4.00view prediction
- Wisdom of Crowd
2 / 5of correctly predicted numbersno winningsview prediction
- Best Algorithm Prediction
2 / 5of correctly predicted numbers$1.00view prediction
|1st Prize||Match 5||$60,000|
|2nd Prize||Match 4||$100|
|3rd Prize||Match 3||$7|
|4th Prize||Match 2||$1|
This Louisiana category of Lottery was launched in 2007 to replace the popular Cash Quest, which relegated Easy 5 around 1998. The jackpot is fixed at the minimum fee of $50,000. It’s a game that allows additional game like Ezmatch.
Playing the game
The drawing of the game takes place twice in a week on Wednesday and Saturday nights. Sales of ticket continue till about 9:30pm when it is stopped on the night of game drawings.
- There are available numbers between 1 and 37 from which players are expected to randomly choose any 5.
- The random selection can be done manually or through the computer if a player chooses the quick pick option.
- There is an additional game that can be added to the original game to have the chance of higher winnings. The game is Ezmatch.
- The additional game of Ezmatch costs $1.
- The lottery terminal prints 5 Ezmatch numbers with related instant prize for every number selected on the ticket if a player decides to opt for Ezmatch.
- The Ezmatch is played by matching each of the Ezmatch numbers correctly with any of the original Easy 5 numbers that have been selected.
Winning the game
A player wins a game by matching at least 2 numbers correctly. The overall odds of winning a prize from Easy 5 are 1:8 while the overall odds for winning the jackpot are 1:435,897. For the Ezmatch, a player wins the game by matching any of the 5 Ezmatch digits or selected numbers with the normal Easy 5 digits. $250 is the instant prize to be won for every Ezmatch number that matches the normal Easy 5 digits of the lottery ticket. The Jackpot is shared equally among winners. The sharing may also vary according to each drawing. If no winner emerges, the prize is added and carried over to the next drawing.
Claiming the prize
All prizes are expected to be claimed by winners within 180 days of the last drawing date.
- Winners can claim prizes within $600 from Lottery retailers.
- Prizes that below $510,000 can be claimed from Lottery offices.
- Other categories of prizes can be claimed from Baton Rouge’s Lottery Headquarters.
- Winners are also eligible to claim their prizes by mailing their signed winning ticket with a claim form to the Louisiana Lottery Corporation, Baton Rouge.
Rules governing the game
- All prizes greater than $600 is to be reported to the IRS by the LLC.
- The prize of $5,000 and above is subject to the state’s income tax laws and federal tax laws for those with a U.S issued SSN.
- Prizes of winners owing child support will be withheld.
- Every winning ticket must be signed at the back and used as prove of ownership.
- A winning ticket can only be paid once by the Lottery.
- A player should not be less than 21 years to participate in the game from ticket purchase to claiming of prizes.